Ad

Saturday 11 July 2015

Holiday part 1 - settling in

This year has been very long and very short at the same time. Either way, I’ve got to that stage of feeling tired through and  through.  I feel exhausted physically and mentally and I get the impression Tom feels the same. I also feel that because I was on jury service when the students left for the summer I didn’t experience that end of term jubilation so it almost feels like I just stopped going to work rather than breaking up for the summer. I honestly did expect a phone call that first day to ask me why I hadn’t come to work.

All things considered, it’s time for holiday and once again we’ve come to my grandparent’s apartment in Santa Ponsa, Majorca. I think the reasons for coming are pretty obvious when you see the view from the apartment.




We had a pretty late flight out yesterday and we didn’t get to bed until 2am, which I know for most visitors like us, is the earliest they’ll be getting in, but that is pretty extreme for us. I know it’s a party island, but that’s not our style at all. We’re here for rest and relaxation which is why we spent most of today asleep. I think it’s really what I needed because, for the first time in weeks and weeks, I’m sitting on the sofa and I don’t feel like I’m about to fall asleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment