Ad

Tuesday 7 July 2015

New role, new classroom

A few busy days.

Firstly, I applied for a promotion which I was given so I'm now subject coordinator for law so I have more responsibility for how the subject is run which is exciting and terrifying at the same time. Not entirely sure the exact ins and outs, but I'm going to find out soon enough.

I've also had to move classrooms, it's essentially the same rooms with exactly the same dimensions but a few rooms down the corridor.


Having spent a while looking at different classroom layout and the 'L's do seem to be most successful. They facilitate easy group work and pair work whilst ensuring that no one has their back to anyone and I have a aisle to march up and down. It also feels far less formal than rows of desks or snakes which go all the way around the room  but a lot less junior school than having big groups of three or more tables. I'd really give the 'L's' a go if you're looking for the best of both worlds.

I've never had my own room that I've put together from scratch, I inherited most of the stuff in the previous law room so I had fun putting my own mark on this one. The only thing I've really had to concentrate on is not packing it completely full, hence the big gap which the legal society will hopefully be filling for me. 

So lots of change, hopefully onwards and upwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment