Ad

Friday 22 April 2016

I'm a trainee teacher and I need help...

I've been at this teaching thing for four years now and I've learnt more in that time than I have in the rest of my life combined. I've also made more mistakes than at any other time.

Training to be a teacher is far more difficult than I think anyone ever imagines it to be. We've all been taught by a wide range of teachers who influence the practitioner that we become. We've had a "bad" teacher who is really struggling and we vow never to make the same errors as them. We also have the "good" teachers who make it all look effortless and they are the ones who lead us to the conclusion that we too can be like them.

I'm not expert teacher and I regularly make mistakes but I do want to contribute some answers for the benefit of trainee teachers and newly qualified teachers to reinforce that you are not alone in the struggles that you're having. 

No comments:

Post a Comment